RETAIL SOLUTION PRODUCTS AND LOTTERY TERMINALS
Research-driven and field-tested, Scientific Games' retail solutions products and lottery terminals are designed to help lotteries address the challenges and opportunities at retail.
Culminating years of market research and retailer best practices, Scientific Games has introduced a powerful new tool called SalesMaker™, a focused, comprehensive program for increasing lottery product sales and profits at retail locations.
- A package of useful retail solutions designed to help top retailers break through the clutter.
- Puts lottery products front and center in retail stores to promote higher sales.
- Designed to produce the ultimate solution for introducing new programs that reach players with information, value propositions and promotions.
- Creates a total lottery atmosphere.
Integrates ticket dispensing with the retailer's cash register, enabling lottery tickets to be sold just like all other merchandise in the store.
- Requires no alteration of the store's back-office system or cash register, only a simple cable connection to the cash register.
- Permits secure storage and automatic dispensing of instant lottery tickets when retailer enters transaction into the point-of-sale device and customer pays clerk.
- Generates in-store, detailed accounting reports game by game, dispenser by dispenser.
- Overall benefit: Reduces labor and improves accuracy when accounting for lottery ticket sales.
Click here for additional details on ConvenienceCentral™
Permits self-service play of instant and terminal-generated games from one vending machine.
- Backlit display for lottery logo/message; or optional video monitor for continuous lottery advertising, or even monitor games if placed in social environments
- Instant ticket vending using intuitive touch screen presents players with detailed game information, including full-sized ticket image with associated unique selling proposition, price point, play instructions and other animated game-specific features
- Customized touch screen interface displays gameÂ options or an animated screen to attract players when not in use
- Dispenses up to 24 instant games via a single exit chute to facilitate rapid, multiple ticket purchases
Click here for more information about PlayCentral®
This technology may be the most appreciated lottery service device ever developed from the perspective of consumers, retailers and store clerks. The Ticket Checker enables consumers to self-validate winning online and instant tickets, instead of relying on store clerks to verify the results on the tickets. Players get increased peace of mind and retail employees are relieved of the transaction responsibility.
- Offers lottery players the opportunity to check their online and instant scratch-off tickets to see if they have won a prize before presenting them to the retailer for validation.
- More convenient for players while lessening the workload of sales clerks by reducing or eliminating the incidence of validating non-winning tickets.
- Players simply scan the ticketâ€™s bar code with the convenient bar code reader and wait for the result to be displayed.
Click here for more information about Ticket Checker
Scientific Games has revolutionized the retailer experience at the point-of-sale with the introduction of our sleek, stylish, high-performance lottery terminal called the WAVE. After 18 months of focus groups, engineering, prototype development and field tests, the WAVE was introduced to the industry at the 2007 World Meet. The first full-scale lottery deployment is in Connecticut in early 2008.
The WAVE is an intelligent device designed to serve both retailers and players. WAVE provides the ultimate in ease of use and speed of service, and enables advance lottery-to-retailer and lottery-to-player communications. Attributes of the innovative terminal include:
- The fastest playslip throughput of any terminal in the industry;
- Ability to access third-party business solutions to track and grow lottery sales;
- Instant ticket inventory tracking;
- Automatically-generated accounting reports;
- The convenience of an optional wireless bar code reader;
- Ergonomically advanced, easy-to-reach peripherals;
- Configured with an extra PCI card slot along with multiple USB and serial ports to support future peripheral device connectivity (e.g., player and advertising displays).
- Customizable: Type of touch-screen technology, memory capacity (hard drive vs. flash), and player card reader.
- Available in modular or integrated configurations
- Engineered for easy maintenance.
Click here for more information about the Wave Terminal Family
BetJet™ Self-Service Terminal
- Offers players a convenient and intuitive device for traditional lottery play and validating traditional lottery tickets and to receive vouchers for winning tickets.
- Smaller footprint unit that can be offered to retailers without the space for PlayCentral® self-service terminal.
- Table-top configuration or floor standing unit.
- Sell and/or validate lottery tickets on the move - perfect for sporting events, fairs, etc.
- Over 50,000 similar terminals currently in use by lottery retailers and distributors in China
- Terminal communicates via wireless CDMA to the AEGIS-EF system
- Application is a subset of WAVE terminal software
- Rugged portable printer communicated with the terminal via Bluetooth
- Paper roll is 67.31 mm (2.65 in) and prints tear off tickets.
- Uses a retailer's existing in-lane POS terminal (cash register)to sell online quick-pick lottery tickets.
- Leverages a loosely coupled interface design that offers a superior technical solution enabling quick and easy implementation into many retailer multi-lane cash register systems.
- Addresses the marketing challenges involving implementation of a new in-lane solution by providing an information display designed to grab the attention of shoppers as they proceed through the checkout lane.
- Connects to the retailer's POS terminals, captures the lottery request from the cash register, forwards it to an in-store network router, and then on to the central system. The system then routes the lottery request to a dedicated thermal printer where the ticket is printed in-lane on secure lottery paper stock
Click here for more information about Lottery InPlay™
[back to top]